Confirmation for Lake Lure House Cabin
302 Mark Twain Drive, Lake Lure, NC 28746
1.check in time: after 3 p.m. check out time: by 10 a.m. (later checkout is available with advance notice)
This property requires a two night minimum stay. Maximum occupancy: 6
2. Please, no pets and no smoking. Burning is not allowed.
3. Minimum age for responsible renters must be 21 or older. Children with their parents are welcome. Children must be supervised especially when on the decks, stairs and near the water.
4. A refundable damage/reservation deposit of $150 is required. Please send the deposit with this signed confirmation form. You will need to make a copy of this form.
The deposit is not applied toward rent. It is fully refundable providing the following provisions are met:
a. No damage is done to the cabin or its contents beyond normal wear. b. All debris, rubbish and discards are placed in trash bags and placed in outside garbage cans. Soiled dishes should be placed in the dishwasher and cleaned. c. The cabin should be left locked with the lights off. d. No linens are lost or damaged. Place used linens and towels in the basket in the laundry area. Refrigerator needs to be cleaned out and the grill cleaned.
5. Please park so as to not block the road.
6. There is a $75 fee for the housekeeping service. This is in addition to the rent and taxes.
7. Rates include a one -time linen and towel set up.
8. In consideration of the neighbors, renter agrees to abide by all Lake Lure town ordinances including the noise ordinance. (see below)
9. A 21 day notice is required for cancellation. No refunds will be given for storm conditions.
10. Tenants must read and sign the Vacation Rental Contract Addendum for the Town of Lake Lure. (see below)
The owner is not responsible for accidents, injuries, or illnesses occur while on the premises. The homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings of the guests. By accepting reservation, it is agreed that tenants assume the risk of harm to others whom they invite to use the premises.
By signing below, I agree to all terms and conditions of this agreement and the community of Lake Lure.
Please return in 7 days.
After I receive your $150 deposit, your bill will be as follows:
Total bill: in accordance with fee schedule of $200 per night (2 night minimum) and/or $1250 per week + $75 cleaning fee + NC and Rutherford County taxes of 11.75%. __________________________
Make checks payable to: Steven Cole: 1610 Guam Lane, Gulf Breeze, FL 32563
1st payment of ______________ due___________(30 days prior)
2nd final payment of____________due___________(14 days prior)
As soon as we receive your final payment, we will send information about the key and directions to the property.
Thanks! Have a great vacation.The Coles
VACATION RENTAL CONTRACT ADDENDUM
Welcome to Lake Lure! We hope you have a wonderful experience here and will return to visit again in the future. Since you are staying in a vacation home, it is very likely that your neighbors will not be on vacation but will be living in their homes. Please be mindful of this and be sure to follow the golden rule as you make yourself feel at home in our mountain-lake community.
As a valued guest of our community, we want to bring some issues to your attention. First, be aware that the North Carolina Vacation Rental Act provides you with certain rights and protections. It’s a good idea to familiarize yourself with its provisions. It’s also a good practice to ensure that your landlord has sufficient commercial liability insurance to protect all parties during your use of the property.
Second, we would like to make you aware of a few local regulations designed to promote a safe and enjoyable experience for all.
VACATION RENTAL STANDARDS
• Maximum Occupancy Limits – The maximum overnight occupancy limit for this home is ___6__ persons.
• Designated Parking Area – Vehicles must be parked only in designated areas on the vacation rental property. Parking in the roadway blocking the flow of traffic and parking on neighbor’s property without permission are prohibited. Contact your rental’s property manager for offsite, overflow parking options.
• Hotline Availability – A rental support hotline has been established for use by guests and neighbors. The number for this property is 850-934-3157. By law, this hotline must remain available for use 24 hours per day, 7 days a week.
• Trash Disposal. All household waste & trash must be placed in receptacles considered to be animal proof (e.g., durable with secured lids).
FIRE PROTECTION FOR YOUR SAFETY
• Fire Extinguisher and Evacuation Plan – This home is equipped with working fire extinguishers and a posted evacuation plan. Removing any of these from their designated location is prohibited. Avoid storing items so as to block hallways, doorways, steps, entrances and exits.
• Small Outdoor Fires – When an area burning ban is in effect, bonfires are prohibited. Contact your rental home’s property manager for information on any burning bans. Outdoor fires are only permitted in a place and manner approved by the Fire Chief.
• Swimming – Do not swim farther than 50 feet from shore unless accompanied by an observer in a boat.
• Fishing – A North Carolina fishing license is required and all state fishing regulations apply.
• Boating – If a boat is provided with this rental home, please ask for and review the pamphlet entitled “Lake Regulations & Map”. If you wish to utilize your own boat on the lake, a permit is required and can be obtained at Town Hall or at the town marina.
• Trespassing – Venturing onto a neighboring dock or pier, boat house or property without the owner’s permission is prohibited.
• Noise – Unreasonably loud noise is prohibited throughout the Town. Please observe quiet hours after 10p.m. and be aware that sound carries very far over a still lake.
• Unruly Behavior – Behavior deemed disorderly and causing a disturbance to the public is prohibited. These regulations will be strictly enforced.
I / we acknowledge having read this contract addendum.
Signature of Renter__________________________
Signature of Renter__________________________